Ashley Cheng, a producer at Bethesda Game Studios, brings bad news to Fallout 3 fans today. It turns out that the highly-anticipated Fallout 3 DLC will be seeing a delay. Cheng states that Bethesda is aiming for a late September release. The producer also released a brief look at the upcoming DLC packages:
- Operation: Anchorage – Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe – the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders.
- The Pitt – Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh and choose sides in the battle between the slaves and the slavers.
- Broken Steel (pictured below) – Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest and raises the game’s level cap to 30.
- Point Lookout – Explore a massive new swampland area filled with new quests and content.
- Mothership Zeta – The aliens have returned, and they’re pissed. Experience an alien abduction first hand and find out if you’re tough enough to survive.
Cheng also gave word that the first DLC to be released will be Broken Steel, followed by Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt (probably at the same time).
A comment posted by a fan asking about the Game of the Year Edition was replied to by Cheng, saying “We’ll have more on the Game of the Year version later. Stay tuned.” So, maybe you’ll want to hold out on all the DLC until the GOTY edition comes out, which usually includes all DLC on the disc.
Read (PlayStation Blog)