It seems that the Infinity Ward vs Activision fued will never end — The latest story says that ex-Infinity Ward employees are suing the massive publisher for half a billion dollars. Why, you ask?
According to G4, the below reasons:
- Unpaid bonuses from 2009 and 2010 sales generated by Modern Warfare 2 — fourth quarter 2009 and first quarter 2010, specifically.
- Bonuses “due and owing to them” past first quarter 2010.
- “Bonus/royalty/profit participation” related to “technology/engine” royalties, “other special performance bonuses,” “other studio bonuses” or “any other bonus/royalty/profit participation.”‘
- Lost value on “restricted stock units” that Activision “promised” would vest (read: own it in your own name and purchase it from Activision) when Modern Warfare 2 sales eclipsed Modern Warfare 1, which “has long ago occurred.”
- Money owed as it relates to Modern Warfare 2 “sister games, including but not limited to” the oft-mentioned Modern Warfare 3, “if Modern Warfare 3 is ultimately delivered and marketed.”
- Interest rates related to the above sums of money.
I’m rooting for Infinity Ward in this one. What about you guys?